Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Continuing preparations for Tanzania #ibmcsc

As part of getting ready to be gone for a few weeks, I've done the usual things:

  • Checked with my doctor (will get some shots & things to take with me in the next couple of weeks).
  • Sent my passport off (today) to get my visa. I'm a little unsettled when my passport isn't where I know it should be - in my computer bag. It'll be back soon.
  • Reading, reading, reading about Tanzania and the work we'll be doing (more about that in a future blog).
  • Started culling items from my calendar (my cullendar?) for the time I'll be away. My team is stepping right up to help.
  • Getting used to the features of a new camera. The Nikon D2x served me well, but it has been replaced with a D800. All the lenses, flash, & accessories work with the new one.
  • Thinking about which bills (I write only one check a month) need to be prepaid.
  • Drafted the note to friends & family with all the details about my itinerary and how to reach me in an emergency.
... and today, I am opening my blog.

My plan is to use this for more in-depth writing than just a Facebook update or an Instagram picture. I'm still not sure what to expect with regard to connectivity there ... but I'm resourceful.

I will start posting pictures here at some point, and will also link to colleagues on my team who will be in Tanzania as well.

Please excuse some frequent updates & edits while I get this going.

For some background, here is information about the Corporate Service Corps in general, and some information about the great work done by the previous 9 teams sent to Tanzania.

Zaidi kuja haraka! (More to come soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment